Memberships and donations do not incur shipping charges.
For all other items shipping is calculated after a destination address has been entered, or is indicated at checkout for the product you are purchasing. For bulk orders please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote on shipping rates.
Delivery time within New Zealand is approximately 1 week. Please allow up to 5 weeks for international orders (our target times are available at checkout).
© Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand Inc 2008. All rights reserved This website is the property of Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand Inc or Forest & Bird the copyright owner. Contents of this website which is copyrighted by Forest & Bird may not be reproduced or used without the Society’s permission.
Forest & Bird endeavours to ensure that all information included on this website is correct. Forest & Bird does not accept liability for any matters that arise as a result of inaccurate content.
This website includes references and links to other organisations but in no way endorses these individuals or organisations.
The Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act provide the basis for Forest & Bird’s returns policy.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by Forest & Bird. In the event that goods sold are deficient or are faulty, the purchaser has the right to repair, replace or refund.
- Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
Please choose carefully before you order, Forest & Bird will only return a garment if it is damaged, faulty or the wrong product has been delivered.
- The wrong product was delivered
If you have ordered something online and received the wrong product, we apologise and you are more than welcome to an exchange or refund. As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail. If you would like to return a product (details below) contact us at email@example.com to arrange this.
- Faulty product
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you are entitled to have your product repaired, replaced or refunded. Simply contact us on If you would like to return a product (details below) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange this.
- Damaged product
If you suspect your product has been damaged during delivery please do not throw away the parcel or cover in which the product came as the delivery company will need to inspect it. As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail. If you would like to return a product (details below) contact us at email@example.com, to arrange this. Please make sure you have your order details handy. We will organise the return of the product for inspection and will endeavour to send you a replacement as soon as possible.
Refund or exchange
We apologise if you have received a product that is faulty, damaged or if you have received the wrong product. If a product is damaged or faulty we can exchange it for another one of the same size and colour or refund it. Refunds will be credited against your original method of payment, e.g. to the credit card you used to make the purchase. Generally proof of purchase is required in order to get an exchange or refund. Please note, products returned to us for exchange must have all packaging intact and all labels returned with the item. If you would like to return and exchange a product contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange this. Please make sure you have your order details handy.
How to return a product
Products can only be returned to Forest & Bird if they are faulty, damaged or the wrong product has been delivered. If you would like to return a product please contact us at email@example.com, to arrange this. Please make sure you have your order details handy.
Procedure to return a product:
- Where you have simply changed your mind, you will not be able to return this product to Forest & Bird.
- Manufacturing defects do not include normal wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
- Where the product is faulty or damaged due to manufacturing faults we will either: (i) replace the products; or (ii) give you a full refund.
- All products returned must be in their original unused condition, specifications and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the products.
- As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail.
- All purchases must be returned and inspected before any refund will be granted.
- We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
- Mail back your purchase and associated material to the address that is provided by the shop manager. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (as this will change depending on the supplier).
If you need to send parcels to us, our physical address is:
Forest & Bird c/o Shop Manager
Ground Floor, 205 Victoria Street
And for letters/general mail, our postal address is:
Forest & Bird c/o Shop Manager
PO Box 631